4.11.2011

Unfurling? Potentially.

Well. There are so many wonderful blogs I've been reading lately. And I want to join in this fun community. But not tonight, because I'm about to go and read a book (WHAT book? Oh, I'm just re-reading The Madness of a Seduced Woman for the something-th time). But I will ponder this in my sleep--this posting business. Last night I dreamt again of finding unexpected rooms in the house in which I tired of dwelling--fancy rooms, fun rooms, a room with a yellow couch I couldn't decide whether to keep or throw out.

I love these dreams. They remind me to explore the things I let lie fallow as I pursue some ideal future--waiting to write until "things are better"--until I get my new glasses or I've worked at my new job for a while or I get a new phone or et cetera.

Inhabit those unused secret rooms! There are always plenty more.



5 comments:

  1. Haha! We've found you! Can't wait to see where this leads.
    Much love...Ms. Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you thank you thank you.

    (Now I feel like Sally Field)

    We shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dreams like that all the time. No, really. One of my reoccurring dream "sets" is a rambling house that contains entire sprawling compounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early on, those dreams made me sad. I felt bereft upon awakening and missed the rooms I'd stumbled upon and all the wondrous views and furniture and lovely bric-a-brac therein. I think at that point, those dreams spurred me on to change my situation by seeking different spaces.

    And now I see them differently.

    The rooms are places in myself that I've abandoned or forgotten and all I have to do is remember that they're there, and inhabit them again.

    I think that you two, and your respective presences on this here blogosphere, have been extremely instrumental in helping me to see that.

    So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to help. I think my dreams mostly have to do with the house we grew up in, which was well stocked with small attic spaces and weird passages.

    ReplyDelete