4.18.2011

"Now, nudity may not be for everyone."

It's a Kids in the Hall quote.

Mark McKinney just got naked onscreen--but with a big ol' X over the full monty.

So I happened to wonder just how naked I plan to get with this ol' blog I'm seemingly beginning here. I tend toward the confessional. I don't write fiction. However, I am also circumspect and, in the words of (I think it was) Pete Martell on Twin Peaks: "she's filllled with secrets." But then again, I think of bell hooks and how she writes of living in truth--absolute truth--the truest truth a person can tell--

But then again I think about Dave Eggers in A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius (although I can never locate the quote) wherein he writes about oversharing--and it is along the lines of "even if they know everything, even if they know the worst, what do they really have over you?" I think I should find that quote.

We shall see. I keep telling myself that.


1 comment:

  1. I'm fairly circumspect with my regular blog. I mean, my mom reads it!

    ReplyDelete