4.21.2011

-sick day-

And I thought that once I had the job I wanted, these days wouldn't happen anymore.

And I thought that once my insurance kicked in, these days wouldn't happen anymore.

And I thought that once I got my new glasses, these days wouldn't happen anymore.

Longer days. Higher temperatures. Blue Skies.

I'll open a window. I'm thinking of moving furniture. I should listen to the McKinney Sisters--they sing my favorite version of Blue Skies--it's always good for getting me started moving furniture around, and if I can move a little furniture around, I can maybe move around the pieces in my head--move out of inertia.

I mean, after all--my sweetheart and I are planning to drive to the coast tomorrow to see if we might espy the puffins who spend the spring on Haystack Rock.

And I didn't even mention the fact that

I

saw

Robert

Plant

in concert with Band of Joy on Tuesday night.


3 comments:

  1. I would have called in today, but my phone is turned off for nonpayment until tomorrow. How was Plant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw Robert Plant yesterday? Jealous!

    Sorry you're sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly--time has flown. I am well as can be, now, and as soon as I can get through this pile of *work* work I have to do, I'm going to write about The Time I Saw Percy Plant And Nearly Swooned.

    Thanks for dropping by, y'all.

    ReplyDelete